Making a search engine optimization (SEO) audit is not a joke. It takes sufficient time, lots of patience and so many spreadsheets. You might grow takes so many years in the process. But, all thanks to technical SEO audit tools, which allow us to no longer doing those insane manual checkings which we did in the past. Many SEO experts arm themselves with such tools so they’re no longer hunt through raw data yet making strategic decisions instead.
Here we are sharing three best site audit tool for performing a technical SEO audit, i.ie., DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog and Search Console. They all have their various strengths as well as use cases. Depending on your needs, you may have to choose one, or you might find all three useful simultaneously.
DeepCrawl provides flexibility and the depth of the reports. When you start a crawl, you can choose among numerous crawl types, to a full gap analysis of an entire site. You can also make your crawls auto-schedule, which is actually useful. Crawls are highly customizable, so that you can easily set the criteria for maximum or minimum links per page, title, URL length, content, load time, and more.
- It can easily manage crawling for millions of pages, so if you want to crawl a large site, look no further.
- It also offers competitor reports, not just the basic headlines, in fact the real nitty-gritty details on content, pricing, site architecture and even brand’s key influencers.
- It provides you to project manage your SEO team, making tickets for issues as well as assigning them to people. It alerts if you have any issues pop up consistently in crawls.
- Screaming Frog
When it’s about desktop crawlers, Screaming Frog is no doubt undisputed leader. The tool has been around for some time, and webmasters handles sites of all sizes. If you are looking at crawling for no more than 500 URLs, you can use it for free even.
However, if you have large website with around 10,000 pages, desktop crawlers can cause server-response issues. moreover, it doesn’t come with any collaboration features, which makes it less attractive for SEO teams.
- It doesn’t die off even while your memory is running low and also, alerts you beforehand. All you have to do is to save the project, enhance the random access memory (RAM) and restart to continue.
- Their bulk export option makes life simpler, since you can export all the data, including internal links, outbound links, anchor text, image alt text, and more.
- There is an option to accept cookies, so that you can crawl websites which make it compulsory to accept cookies.
- Google Search Console
When SEO veterans may find it funny to see tool in the list, most of the SEOs are relying on it more than ever. This is among one of the best website audit tools which has come a long way .
- It offers you estimates for a keyword, and clicks for your site in Google search results.
- It offers a summary of things such as broken links, number of pages indexed, page loading speed, etc.